Monday 16 April 2012

Project 21: Blog Challenges

I saw this challenge on Mojo Monday and the layout spoke to me. I tried 4 different versions, really taking care with papers and embellishments to make each card work in its own right.

The headline card also works for another blog challenge site I stumbled across called the Shabby Tea Room which had a rose theme so I used the rose as the featured embellishment.

The purple butterfly is my favourite. I loved the papers and anything to use more Martha butterflies.

Next is my red white and blue feature using my British papers. I’ve got a big stash of paper flowers at the moment and I’m trying to replace my dependency on the butterflies.

Finally a Queen’s Jubilee card for my Grandma. It’s busy but I really wanted to use the textured papers and do something featuring those little illustrations. I added the glitter touches to make it a bit more "diamond-y" to reflect the message. It’s a bit twee for me but I think Grandma will like it.

More on Grandma’s cards later…

5 comments:

  1. Your card is so pretty, I'm glad that you found us at The Shabby Tea Room and joined in the challenge!

    Starr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - I loved the challenge this week and found it through another blog challenge submission. Will look out for it in the future!

      Delete
  2. So pretty Love the sheet music!
    Thanks for playing along with our challenge at TSTR!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I like all four versions of the sketch that you made :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I like to do a few versions of the sketch when I play Mojo Monday because sometimes it takes a few attempts to get it right. And I think if you're going through the trouble of posting it you might as well dedicate some TLC to the project!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated