Tuesday 17 April 2012

Project 22: Time for Tea cards

We’re heading to Indy in a few weeks and I want to give my Grandma a set of cards.

In a "best of British" paper pack I got a few papers were dedicated to tea (as well as loads of really sweet designs with bunting and Warhol-esque Queen profiles – more on those in another post for sure) and so I’ve utilised those here as Grandma is one of the first tea champions I can remember. There were some greetings and phrases printed in the same patterns and colours and I usually disregard those as they’re normally pants but these were cute.

The headline picture was my fave – I liked the knot, the little greeting and the use of the pearl-bling on the hearts.

Here is a really simple one where all I did was layer a greeting over a pattern and then added some glitter glue to the flowers and heart to jazz it up.

Next, some paper flowers to add some 3D texture. The greeting was cut by hand – by the way – rather than using a die cutter as I don’t have one. Claire – if you read this – we are in a fight as you continue to introduce me to tools I don’t want or need until I see you have them and then I both want and need them.

Finally I used the biggest patterned paper with a lager greeting and some buttons. I’m loving buttons.

I got a bumper pack of stuff at Hobbycraft this week so I’m hoping to do some mid-week crafting to use some of my new kit…

2 comments:

  1. Great cards with the British paper pack! I was just visiting England and got a wonderful Jubilee Stamp that I'm looking for inspiration for...your cards are helping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! The papers had a lot of traditional British designs like th postboxes, Union Jack and the Queen's profile but I'm finding them a bit of a challenge. I'll have to look for some inspiration for the Jubilee as well!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated