Tuesday 14 August 2012

Project 40: Cross stitch



I decided to start a more time-consuming project to see me through to the end of the summer. I am going to a craft fair with Claire this weekend so I’m certain I’ll return to serious card making very soon. 


My mom gave me this cross stitch pattern with the Mansfield College crest. That’s where I met my husband so it’s always going to be a special place. I don’t have much experience in cross stitch but luckily this is a pretty simple pattern.

I bought my embroidery frame and took stock of what came in the kit: 



The previous cross stitch patterns I’ve followed before have been printed on the material (admittedly I think they were for children) so this is the first time I’ve had to work it out on my own. Like a grownup. Go me.


I don’t have a picture yet of where I got to because I’ve started with the yellow and white and it doesn’t look much despite about 3 hours of work so I’ll wait until the red and black have been added to give you a progress photo. 

This is going to be a serious output of effort as every few stitches I have to work a knot out of the tread and I’m going slightly blind as the lighting in our lounge is poor for this type of detailed craft. But I’m going to persevere. Any ideas what I should do with it when I finish? Frame it or something?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated