Sunday 2 December 2012

Project 55: Owl Chrristmas Cards



I know I haven't written in 2 weeks but I can assure you I have been crafting!

With Thanksgiving and a craft fair it has been manic. But happily we are back on track.

I wanted to do a post around my personal Christmas cards because now they have shipped I'm eager to share them with the world.

I bought the stamp in August at the craft fair I went to with Claire. I then waited about 3 months before trying any designs. I've been busy...don't judge me. All of the cards use a shimmery white card stock and a silver and white banner for the greeting.

Starting with the headline, this was the one I felt was most creative. I used three different blue inks on the stamp (yes, every single design was hand-stamped rather than scanned and printed) and then embellished it with buttons, glitter glue and gem stones.



The next one is the most traditional, using solid black ink and green and blue buttons and gems. I glittered the owl's wings and bellies as well to add some jazz. Claire likes these the most. They should be my faves too as they are the least fussy.


Finally these are the ones that I set out to create. Originally I wanted to do them all with tiny ProMarkers colored in. I did about 12 like this, all with a self-contained theme (70s yellow and red, all blue, girly purple and pink or as above, a mix of fairly neutral ones) and when they were taking me about 20 minutes to color a piece I had to get a grip and change plans. Which is how the other twctuo happened.

Hopefully you'll be receiving your card in the post shortly...

This weekend I will be posting a few more crafts, I have so many things to make as it's my only free weekend before the holiday. Candles, jam and maybe some candy and biscuits so watch this space and keep me honest!

PS Claire and I had a wicked time at the Berko craft fair this weekend. She took some pictures of our stand so I'll post them when they are available.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated