Sunday 7 April 2013

Project 77: Little Claire stamped cards


 Claire gave me a subscription to a stamp club called Little Claire and I've just received my 3rd installment. I love getting them as they are more intricate than stamps I'd normally buy, challenging me to stretch my skills a bit. Also, they always come with a small selection of papers, ribbon, candies and a card blank as well as a few layout ideas to use them. Great little set - I really recommend it and I think I will keep the subscription up after my present from Claire expires.

The headline card is one for my grandma for Mother's Day. I was inspired by the Japanese Cherry Blossom season and pictures I've seen in the last week and thought it would be nice to use the lacey doiley as the background layered over pale green card. I made the X shape accidentally when I was cutting out the stamp so I mimicked it in pink to get the X effect. Happy "oops" moment there.The flowers are punched out using the punch that Claire and I "share". I wonder if that's going to America with her...*cough*


Next is a layout that I just love. I played with this cut-out technique after seeing it in a card magazine and I think it really lifts these boxes. I put two squares (top left and bottom right) on foam to add some dimension. I used the paper raffia-style thread and layered a triple backing behind it after embossig the blue card to bring together all the colors. I used my Martha scallop punch to make it a bit playful.

This one is going to be an engagement card for my cousin Megan. The stamped heart tree might be a bit too cute for her so I thought I'd punk it up a bit with the colored zebra paper.

I made this little ginger cat card for my friend Beth to cheer her up as she's been unwell lately and she loves her ginger cats. Really simple layout, I used the isolation of the cat on the post idea from Claire's card here and I think it loks cute against the spots.


Finally this one isn't a Little Claire stamp but it is a stamp all the same! My friend Palo gave me a commission to make her little brother a birthday card. He loves rockets, aliens, robots and Buzz Lightyear. So obviously we'd get along. I hope this meets her brief. I kind of want to keep it but I think as she's a friend I'll be willing to part with it...

So a bit more complicated than normal but I wanted a leisurely Sunday of crafting and I got it.
Happy start to the week.

1 comment:

  1. These are really great. I think the subscription has worked well for you. The rocket card is pretty special. Cx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated