Sunday 18 August 2013

Project 95: Sexy leaving card



This week is my intern's last week at my company. She has a very distinct style, very blonde and pink, and she loves bling. So what would be more perfect than a sexy KennyK card?

I used Honey Sparks and made her, what else, blonde and pink. I glittered her glasses for a bit of sparkle and topped off the flower with bling and a sequin for a double effect. I wanted to keep the layout simple so I just used two geometric pink sticky ribbons at the bottom and tied up a tag with black and white string. The tags are from a new craft kit from Claire, which I will write a bigger post on later this week.


I was excited to find two new coloring challenges this week and my pink lady worked for both themes.

Sweet Stampin' Challenge had a bold and beautiful theme that required a stamp or digi image. There was a lot of pink inspiration from the DT entries and Honey is a pretty bold feature stamp!

Second was Color Me Creative marker challenge, which had an "Anything Goes" challenge so long as you used alcohol-based markers. I can confirm all markers used here are ProMarkers:
Outfit: Rose Pink and Pastel Pink
Skin: Blush
Hair: Canary and Gold 
Glasses and boots: Cool Grey 3

Always nice to find new challenge blogs! 

I have to write a long post about all the great stuff Claire sent me to cheer me up - die cuts, cards, crab cookie cutter...it's a bag of fun and makes me miss hanging out with her. Luckily the distance means that we have an excuse to buy each other all kinds of random stuff (while expanding our own collections)... 

Hoping you all have a good week!

5 comments:

  1. Fabulous project, love the CAS style. Thanks for sharing with us and good luck with the challenge. Suzanne Sweet Stampin DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is awesome, please can you email me tomorrow and let me know what she said when you gave it to her? I miss you too man, it's hard, but the sending each other stuff makes it hurt less ;) Cx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blonde, pink, bold and beautiful! Stunning card, very striking with it's CAS design and fabulously coloured image! Thanks for sharing it with us at Sweet Stampin'.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by to look at my blog! I do like a good CAS design, simple girl, simple cards. And all my colleagues think it's hilarious that I was able to sex-up a leaving card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heeey, I am the sexy intern ;)and I really really loved this card. Thank you so much Jessie you made me so happy giving me a personal piece. I will never forget my time at Velocity, miss you guys already. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated