Saturday 14 September 2013

Project 102: Colors of Fall KennyK and Mojo double challenge


This week I was trapped in a series of meetings and Claire saved me by sending me a link to this week's Mojo sketch. In the 3 minutes I had to spare between sessions I was inspired and the headline card came to life.


KennyK features regularly on this blog and I loved the challenge this week of Colors of Fall.  I've had Pitstop Penny for ages but haven't used her for a while and I had the idea of making her red and gold to match the theme. I gave her choppy brown highlights to coordinate with the thick textures of the embossed brown backing papers.


The dark brown paper is actually corrugated card; the one immediately behind Penny is embossed with a woodgrain texture. I used gold ribbon for the banner and made a little gemstone swirl in the corner to add some bling. Finally I gave her racing stripe a bit of gold glitter glue (not seen in picture as I wrote this post and then went and added it for more snazziness).

I added the tiny hand-written greeting as a little wink to the sexiness of the card while keeping it really simple. I didn't want a pun or anything too autumnal so simple it stayed.

Very pleased with the result.





3 comments:

  1. Thanks for joining us this week at Kenny K's Krafty Krew. Good luck and please join us again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Great minds think alike, I am posting my entry tomorrow :) You might recognise parts of it... Cx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done! Thanks so much for playing with us at Kenny K’s Krafty Krews *Colors of Fall* challenge !

    If you have a Facebook account, we have a another fun contest using any KennyK image or stamp. Awesome prizes!! Find it here. Hope to see you there!

    Tammy, KennyK DT from Créations LaDiva :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated