Saturday 21 September 2013

Project 104: Autumnal DTC and CAS challenges

I had one of those Saturday mornings where I couldn't turn my brain off from work (despite the easy Friday night) and woke up before 6am wide awake and ready for action. I decided to go into the incredibly cluttered spare room/office/craft room and find something to do with my idle hands and alert little brain.

I saw that CAS-ual Fridays were having an autumn theme and Designed to Color had an anything goes challenge - perfect!


This stamp set was from the Little Claire subscription that Claire gave me for my birthday - I think they were part of May or June's package. I haven't used them in a while and the little wooden box of flowers really said autumn to me. I tried stamping directly onto the card...and as you can see I've had to use white paper so you can guess it went a bit wrong! I like to be honest when there's an oops moment!

True to the CAS vibe, I embossed the bottom half of the card and used ribbon as the divider between the image and the embossing. I have had that green gingham ribbon forever - I think I got it on a package years ago - and have never found a card that it really suited. Love it here though.

I scallop-punched out the greeting and added a touch of yellow and orange to match the image.

Although I'd rather have slept in, I'm pleased I was able to make a cute little something for two of my favorite challenge blogs!


5 comments:

  1. This is so super cute! Love the fabulous image and the embossing is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this...especially the embossed bit..Also think we are on the same page...I just dug out that stamp for OWH :) Cx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is too cute - love how you only embossed the bottom half of the card - never would have thought of doing that! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the embossing and how you separated using the ribbon! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet! Great layout! Thank you for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated