Friday 3 January 2014

Project 123: Wedding card with a difference


My wonderful friend Jules is getting married in 2 days - hooray!

My mom asked if I would make her a card to bring to the wedding and of course I had to say yes. I know Jules loves music and a little bit of a vintage touch so I thought I'd do something a bit different for her as I found this wonderful paper in my collection.

The featured piece in the middle is a stamped piece from a Recollections pack I bought in the Black Friday sale at Michael's. I'm assuming the L stands for love? We'll go with it!

The turquoise and coral papers are Trader Jane (also Recollections) and the bottom washi tape is Studio G. The punch is Martha Stewart and I liked doing it in the same paper as the background so it just offers a delicate hint of texture - really nice for an elegant card I think. I balanced it with some candies at the bottom as I know Jules likes an asymmetrical aesthetic.

Finally I added a bit of glitter glue to the page to add some bling - it's a wedding card after all!

Please say a quiet word to whatever person/spiritual presence you look to in times of difficulty and ask for decent weather in the Philly area as we're currently going through a snow storm and we need to be able to get everything and everybody safely to and from for the next 2 days!

1 comment:

  1. We are snow trapped here too! So I will have a quiet word with Boscat to guide you safely to and from the wedding. Love the card, very ornate and weddingy (totes not a word) great use of that tricky paper. Cx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated