Tuesday 14 January 2014

Project 124: Birthday cowgirl for the husband



It's my husband's birthday today and we have a long running joke about cowgirls as I am obsessed with Jessie the Cowgirl from Toy Story 2. (She's just great.) So I thought Mae Western from Kenny K would be perfect for his birthday.

I was inspired by the Color Throwdown Challenge this week:


I was too late to enter the challenge but I liked it as inspiration any way!

I'm entering this into the KennyK challenge of Anything Goes with a Bling Twist - I love the foiled paper, shiny candies and antique pearls as bling and think they go well with the colors.

I embossed the turquoise petal shape with a woodgrain and then die-cut the petal out. I love that petal and it's great for framing these lounging ladies from KennyK!

Finally I topped it with a cute stamp greeting stolen from Claire - I still think of her every time I use these stamps!

5 comments:

  1. Fantastic card and I'm sure your DH will love it! Fun color scheme! Thanks for joining us at KennyK's Krafty Krew!
    {hugs}
    Regan
    Team B{iker Girl}

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh me likey..I love that paper I think I still have a little piece of it :) I'll send you a jpg of those HB's if you like Cx

    ReplyDelete
  3. excellent! you are gonna have one happy hubby! Thanks for sharing with us at Kenny K x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Card, Just popped over visiting, Love Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by everyone - I love it when a card comes together like this one - apologies the photo isn't as sharp as it could be, I took it in a hurry just before I gave it to the hubby!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated