Thursday 30 January 2014

Project 128: Vintage blondie birthday


We have a new joiner at work and we found out that we share a birthday! Out of an office of 20 people, that's three of us who all have the same birthday. Amazing. The big day is just over a week a way so I'm getting ahead by making cards now.

I saw that KennyK's challenge was to use black and our new lady has a distinct vintage style that I thought would work brilliantly with the Happy Hour stamp.

I used a black and white houndstooth card topped with a strip of glittery blue paper to compliment the black and blue dress. I added a bow to her hair (why don't I do this more?!) and then topped it with some candies and a little tag stamp that I found in my collection.

It's a fairly simple layout but I think it works really well with the colors and stamp.

Will get the other card done this week as well so I'm ahead of the game before our birthdays...!

2 comments:

  1. Adorable! Love the bow in her hair! Thanks for joining us at KennyK's Krafty Krew!
    {hugs}
    Regan
    Team B{iker Girl}

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this retro feel card. Awesome job with the stamp and papers. Also love how you worked with colours on her dress, awesome!

    Thank you for joining our Anything Goes Challenge with the optional use Black.
    Good luck!

    Helene
    Team A(ll That)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated