Sunday 9 March 2014

Project 138: Playdate outputs part 1


Friday was a fantastic day as I was not working and Claire was visiting from NYC!

We made so many cards I thought I would start with my set of boy cards.

The headline card was one of my favorites from the day and features a color combo I used a few times: yellow, teal and grey.

The chevron paper makes it really modern I think, and that chipboard topper was a sticker I got at Michael's.. The grey paper is textured with a Bo Bunny grunge stamp that Claire brought with her. I was a bit afraid of those stamps but I think it adds fantastic texture. Claire suggested the askew teal card and she's right, that totally nails the layout.


This card followed a sketch layout in Quick Cards magazine. I had asked Claire to bring the balloon dog stamp with her as I saw it on her blog and fell in love. She gave me the circle Sizzix dies as a gift and they really came into their own here. The greeting "You party animal" is from the same stamp set. The border punch is from Knock Outs and it is quickly becoming a favorite. I think this is a great card for any age or gender.


This card featured a die Claire got with a magazine. It looked like it would be tricky but our good friend wax paper made it a joy to work with. As I had yellow, teal and grey already on my desk I used the off cuts to throw together this card. The chipboard pointing hand was from the same set as the boombox on the top card.


This card was a win and uses a hat and tie stamp set I have from Michael's that I bought immediately on seeing it, and then struggled to use for a few months as I couldn't quite get it right. This greeting is such a great typographic feature that I really wanted to keep it simple. So I tried something a bit different - I stamped the image onto patterend paper and then cut out the outline so the stamp added a bit of texture to the pattern without blocking it out. I raised the tie on foam and I love the effect.


Finally, a little owl card made a bit more masculine with tartan and woodgrain. The chipboard shapes were another gift from Claire, as was the little tag greeting. The paper came from my Little Claire stamp subscrition and I embossed the brown card with woodgrain to add extra texture. I added a touch of green tape to give it an extra touch, with the dark brown button.

Writing this post made me realise how much I used chipboard, which I hardly ever use. Just shows that a playdate means you look at things differently and really stretch your skills and supplies! 



1 comment:

  1. You beat me to it, but I am going to wait until getting back to NYC to post mine. Still love that boombox card and the top hat one is a firm fave too. Love how productive we were and how different the things we made are..not too far removed from our normal style but different in a good way. It was a fun day, thanks again. Cx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated