Sunday 30 March 2014

Project 142: KennyK Time for Gin Birthday Card

 

We are celebrating my friend Danu's birthday on Saturday (well, actually I missed it as it was Thursday. Oops) and I wanted to make her something bespoke to mark the day. Especially as I missed it.

My friend has a great retro style and I knew I had to use the Kenny K "What if" stamp.  When I asked O how I should color her he said "Doesn't matter as long as she has red lipstick and red nails." That pretty much sums up her style.

I colored in the image to match her coloring and then gave the sweater little hearts - I hated them so I colored over them but it looks like you can still sort of make them out. Whatever. Life is too short to color it in again and anyway, it adds texture!


I used silver liquid pearl for her necklace and earrings and then added some glitter to her bracelet. I topped her with a navy bow to go with the Kenny K blog challenge to introduce a bow somewhere on the card. Normally these little flowery bows freak me out but I think this works with the retro vibe.

I decided I wanted a black card base to make the colors pop and layered her over a polka dot paper that matches the gradient in the back of the stamp and then used lime green candies for a bit more texture. The "gin" speech bubble is hand cut and hand written.

Very much a perfect card for the birthday lady!


2 comments:

  1. I love it!! I loved it when you had coloured it in earlier, but now the card is complete I love it even more, the bow is a great idea, really anchors the image. It's always time for Gin...Cx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific birthday card! Love the polka dot paper and little bow! The Retro collection is one of my faves! Thanks for joining us at KennyK's Krafty Krew!
    {hugs}
    Regan
    Team B{iker Girl}

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated