Monday 19 May 2014

Project 156: Bingo challenge


Claire introduced me to the SJ Crafts blog and their bingo challenge this month was a great one for us to try on our play date.

How it works: you choose a line like in bingo (column, row or diagonal) and then the project you create must feature that line.


I choose the bottom diagonal: mixed alpha, metal embellishment, circles. I was given this set of Martha Stewart sea charms by Claire and I thought they would be a great little feature for the challenge.

I die cut 3 different sized plain circles and chose a spotted paper for the background to tie in with the circles requirement. I also added two layers of scallop-punched papers for extra circle fun.

The greeting used to be a banner that I hand stamped with mixed letter stamps but I really didn't like it. I was looking through my sticker and peel of collection and found this little chipboard "Smiles" and thought why not? It still isn't quite working for me but I prefer it to the previous take.

I love the bingo idea and may see if I can try another line on my own. It is definitely a different way to compile a project and a nice change from some of the other challenges I've entered.

3 comments:

  1. Like the card even better now I can see all the detail. I love that border punch and I think Smiles works..I laughed at your comment on my post today - you and Thank You stamps!! It is by American Crafts via TJMaxx - same set as the flowers. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card, the little charms are the perfect addition. Thanks for playing with us at SJ Crafts :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another fab card from the Bingo challenge - your playdate was very productive :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated