Sunday 1 June 2014

Project 158: Fashion girl card set



Lately I have been making card sets for people as gifts or on commission and I haven't been using as many images because they take a bit longer with the coloring. I found a bit of time in the week to do some thought and decided this gorgeous image from one of Claire's stamps and would make a fantastic set for a friend.

I colored each of the ladies a different color and then decided to use a similar color for the punched border while keeping all of them on a black lace print. The border punch is a new gift from my mom, an EK Success beauty.

The black lace is from the Femme Fatale set from Michael's that my sister bought me years ago - I am down to a few scraps from each page and I ration them out so this was a bit of a splurge for me to use it across 4 cards!


I topped them all off with a blingy diamond stud earring and two corresponding gems in the top righ. I think the font of the best wishes greeting goes perfectly - it's one of my oldest sentiment stamps and the mixed font feels classy and modern here.

All in all I was pleased with the set - a great way to bring in the month of June!


2 comments:

  1. Oh Wow! these are gorgeous Jessie… I love the fab colours and the pretty border is perfect with the image! they make a wonderful set of cards! :-)
    Hope you have a good week!
    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG these are gorgeous...did you see Nkem's birthday thank you's I made her...same idea as this - hilarious, how in tune are we!! Love the fact that you still have the Femme Fatale papers..you know I have 2 sheets of it left and they are under lock and key :) Cx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated