Friday 6 June 2014

Project 160: Pink zebra Kenny K anniversary card


It is no secret that I love Kenny K images and when I saw the blog hop challenge this week I
literally stopped what I was doing to explore all of the DT blogs then and there. Really good fun and some great inspiration out there. This anniversary card is my Anything Goes response afer my blog hop.

I decided to pop over to Color Throwdown to see what they were using and when I saw all the pink I knew I had to use this sexy cupid! Here are these week's colors:




Of course, when it comes to coloring, it's got to be ProMarkers for me so I wanted to link up to I Love ProMarkers's Digi Challenge. The colors I used were:
- Henna and Cinnamon for her hair
- Coral for her lips, Blush for her skin and Duck Egg for her eye
- Pastel pink for her wings
- Dusky Rose and Burgundy for her dress and arrows
- Cool Grey 3 and 4 for her boots and bow


As she's a sassy lady, what better than some pink zebra to spice up an anniversary card? I used an American Craft Knock-Outs scallop heart punch for the layers in two different pinks. I die cut the image using a circle die and added the pink bow and candy to give it a bit more balance and texture. Originally I had some hearts layered in the upper right corner and it was just so busy with the pattern that I abandoned the hearts and stuck with a more CAS layout.

I love the finished result - not sure I can part with her now!

5 comments:

  1. Ooh I love her..the card is stunning..the layered border punch is superb. I haven't done a challenge in forever. You always inspire me with your choices..I really like the CTD colours. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet! Love the double punched edges... You done a great job with the colour challenge!

    Thank you for playing along with us at Kenny K Krafty Krew.
    Good luck
    Nick Team A(ll That)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card. Love the way you used the colors. The pink bow is cute. Thank you for playing along with us at The Color Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab card, love the fun image, thanks for joining us at I Love Promarkers xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic card! I love the pink zebra print paper! Thanks for joining us at KennyK's Krafty Krew!
    {hugs}
    Regan
    Team B{iker Girl}

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated