Sunday 13 July 2014

Project 166: Plain and patterend mixed greeting set



I'm back from an epic American vacation - we hit several cities and states between Chicago and San Diego, seeing family and friends in each location as well some incredible sights. It's an understatement to say I'm gutted to be back and having to set the alarm for work tomorrow!

A friend (who has been the recipient of several of my cards over the years) commented that she is always looking for blank and mixed greeting card sets because she often writes without a formal occasion. It inspired me to make a mixed greeting set as a gift for someone and I'm a bit in love!

The recipient is a new member of my family - my sister's mother in law (she's only been married for 2 weeks!) and I wanted to give her a small set as a thank you for a favour she is doing for me. I know from her style she's elegant and likes a little bit of color so I think this simple layout works really well.

I chose a contemporary tartan for two of the cards and a Moroccan tile pattern for three to keep them modern. I used an EK Success border punch to create the flowers down the side and made sure they popped out against a plain (but slightly textured) colour that complemented the pattern. Most are Trader Jane from Recollections and the rest are bits and bobs from the stash. Here's a close up of one of the tile prints:


The sentiments are die cut in cream and stamped in brown ink, with small flower embellishments. The sentiments are all from the same stamp set where the greetings are mixed cursive and print fonts - I think they add the to elegance of the ribbon and diecut.

All in all I think they make a good looking set and will work for just about any occasion!



2 comments:

  1. Hey you are back!! Love the cards..great minds think alike..I just sent Mrs Riley some stuff :) Sounds like you had a fun trip..I have been most active whilst you have been gone. Catch you on Tues for gossip..will give you one work day to recover :) Cx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Sharon will love them! I am glad you had such great travels :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated