Monday 11 August 2014

Project 170: A London card duo



colleague Michelle mentioned that she likes to give people London cards and so I thought I woud give her a couple of London card options to add to her collection.

I have two stamps that work well - the headline is a Penny Black and the second is actually from a museum gift set (I think for children!).

The first card I colored using ProMarkers, I wanted a slightly watercolor effect so kept the variety to a minimum. I diecut the image and then diecut a red circle to give it more standout. The background paper is Papermania Apple & Cranberry set. I added a single candi and then left it at that. I decided not to add a greeting because I think it can work for any occasion.


Next I went more geographical and CAS. The stamp is a stylized Big Ben so I decided to go bold and geometric. I used a big greeting stamp that Claire gave me (i htink it's Papermania?) and then the border punch is Martha Stewart. I think the blue and yellow are both Hippie Chic by DCWV and the green is a basic stack from Michael's. Just a silver candi that looks like a brad - I kept the glitter and bling off as I think it has a more masculine feel.

Hoping my colleague likes them!


2 comments:

  1. Great cards!! Fit the brief completely. Stamp is by Woodware. I love the snazzy colours on the Big Ben card..I agree most suitable for a man. I made a version I think you will like, I am using them for the new card swap group I am a part of and will be showing them tomorrow. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both fab Jessie… love the stamps and your colouring on the first card is really beautiful !! love the bold colours on the second.. both cards definitely portray London perfectly! :-)
    Hope you have a great week!
    Big Hugs
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated