Sunday 9 November 2014

Project 189: Casing an old card - pink butterflies and bling



I work with a fun and talented girl who loves all things pink and purple - as it's her birthday I wanted to do something especially girly for her card.

I haven't revisited this sketch in some time - originally inspired by pinterest I did a green version over a year ago but haven't really used it since. Which is a shame as it's such a cute card/

I decided to make my own envelope and line it with a contrasting pink and white patterned paper. I punched the butterflies in patterns and plain colours and then had them flying out of the envelope as before but this time I used a DL card to give it a bit more space.

I then added pink bling to the body of each butterfly as well as some little gem clusters. I added a stamped greeting, a blingy star and a bow over the envelope seal.

It is extremely girly but with all the white space it feels modern and not too twee. I know my colleague is going to love it as well :)


1 comment:

  1. Ooh this is gorgeous - love it! The envelope is a really great idea..I feel a CASE coming on :) Cx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated