Sunday 12 July 2015

Project 234: Another feather birthday card


A simple post ahead of my date wih Claire. I went to a friend's birthday last night and mader her this fun little birthday card. The layout was inspired by one that I saw in Creative Stamping magazine. I didn't love their example if I'm honest but saw they used the same feather dies that I had and thought it would work well if I tailored it to my preferred colors and patterns.

And you know I love feathers...(see this post or this one as other examples using this set)

The dies are Xcut and the papers are from offcuts and scraps in my stash in yellowy browns. The woodgrain paper is from the Boho stack and I was saving it for best for years as I love it. Decided it was time to use it and a friend's bday card is a great chance.

The twine was also an offcut as well from another piece I had cut for a project. The banner is a scrap from the Hippie Chic stack and is a bit pearlescent so didn't stamp that well. Never mind. The only thing not a scrap is the coral paper in the middle!

I am so excited for my session with Claire - stay tuned for posts this week!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated