Wednesday 12 August 2015

Project 240: A colored set for Grandma




I was putting together a little package for my Grandma, including a 4 page article about the Queen and some other bits and bobs, and wanted to make her a little set of cards. At 93, she writes her grandkids monthly and there are loads of us.

Or, at least, she writes me monthly. If my cousins are reading this and this doesn't sound true: clearly I'm winning this game.

When I was doing the coloring challenge earlier this year I found this really simple recipe to be a huge success: stamp (digi or otherwise) die cut in a circle + scallop circle of patterned paper + square white card blank + embellishment (flower, tag, banner, whatever). It keeps it CAS, lets the image be the hero and it's super easy to do in bulk.

I love these watering can flowers from Bugaboo. Claire gave them to me ages ago and I love how simple they are and yet they feel modern and cheerful. I did a different color of flower x4 (1 is not shown. Don't know why, just didn't like it enough to photo) and colored the cans all grey.


Next I went through my stash and decided gingham papers for  the scallops. Gives it a country feel and I knew it would work with the image without competing.

The flowers were all chosen to match the coloring and so I chose different shapes based on what I had available. I layered a smaller flower and a bit of bling and left them greeting free. Because she writes so often I find she often sends blank cards and thought this would help supplement her stash.

Love that it took about an hour to make the whole set, I got to color while watching TV and I know she'll love them. A win.







2 comments:

  1. Man, this is a total win. I love Bugaboo stamps, so easy and fun to colour. They work so well with the gingham papers. Got to love finding a winning formula. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh these are fab Jessie… perfect for notelets… I love the design and colours… they make a wonderful set… bet your Grandma will love them! :-)
    Hope you have a nice evening!
    Big hugs, Sue B xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated