Sunday 16 August 2015

Project 241: A congratulations card and set



I have a lovely friend in a 17 year-old girl who walks my dog and generally looks after him when we are out doing something. She's clever and funny and when she got her amazing exam results this week I wanted to do something to show my support.

The headline card was something I created based on a new Stamping Up set I have. There are all these phrases so you can build your own greeting and I thought these words would be good for a congratulatory message as much as a birthday one. I used scraps that matched the pattern paper for all the tags. The little die-cut circle is from Claire and I layered it over a small white scallop and I thought it was really sweet to stand out from the other words.


Back in June I discovered the colored in stamp die cut in circle + scallop circle + hand drawn border was a winning combo. I made two cards in the set below, a sunflower and toadstool pair, and thought they were cheerful and fun and would work well as a set. Using the same Fiskars stamp set, I choose a bee for one, and a double set of worms and a butterfly for the other to make a nice little mini-card set.


I think it's really a sweet set and (as I had time to drop them over today sine creating them) I think it's a format I'll revisit when I need a quick and cheerful card set.



2 comments:

  1. Oh I love the Congratulations Card Jessie… it's such a fab design with the words and the scrummy paper! bet your friend loved this!
    and I really like your card set… they look awesome together… love the images and the design is a real winner! :-))
    Big hugs, Sue B xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really really love the congratulations card. That Smile is so lovely, but hard to pair up, love how you used the Stampin Up words here. The little set you made her is gorgeous, I love that winning combo, I need to play with that. Cx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated