Monday 24 August 2015

Project 246: Fun with the blending tools


Claire introduced me to a new technique using a blending tool and I am IN LOVE. It is a great technique to get colors and texture and all sorts of fun. So I decided to play with it using three strips I made with Claire and one I made after I raided Amazon and bought all the stuff for myself.

The headline is a card I made tonight using one of the scraps from my first blending attempt with Claire. She also gave me this stamp great stamp and I tried a new black embossing powder to make it stand out. The black speckled a bit so I decided to embrace it and I did a splatter using a iced spruce Distress Ink. I love it. I added two scraps, the green and the red to get a border across the middle and added green twine for an extra earthy texture. The pearls and candy make it a bit more polished. I really liked the roughness with all the technique. A win.


This card is amazing - if I do say so myself. I blended two colors and added two stamps from a free magazine set that I got. The black embossing powder comes out again for a silhouette that I love. I added a Martha Stewart punched border and some purple and blue pearls. The sentiment is for my sister's in-laws, they lost my BIL's grandfather this week and I thought this card would be a nice way to show I was thinking of them.


This card uses the same free card set as above, just a different dragonfly. The card came together organically - the blue paper was on the desk already, the tag was already embossed (for another project that didn't work out) and when I made a little mistake with a slip of the stamp, I took a spotted stamp from a Stampin' Up stamp set and I think it really made the whole card. It's all dotty and fun now. The stitched die is from Claire's collection and that she brought with her.


Finally this card is a great thing featuring new stamps Claire brought with her. This was my first blending tool attempt and I thought it worked well with this backing paper from Studio Callico. The greeting is great, isn't it? Such a simple layout but so sweet. The blending works so well to give it a bit of extra pizaaz.

Great technique and I can't wait to play with it more...now that I have all my own stuff!


2 comments:

  1. WOW!! these are amazing. Love how you have run with the technique so perfectly.. You are right about that Sympathy card, it is pretty damn special man. I told you it was a simple one. Still my fave is the one with the dragonflies and dots..dots for the win. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Wow! these are all gorgeous cards Jessie… love the layout and colours on them all… the blending technique sounds fun and you've sure used it beautifully on the Sympathy Card… I've got some new blending sponges but not had chance to play with them yet! the giraffe is SO cute and such a fab sentiment with it too !! :-)
    Hope you have a lovely weekend!
    Big hugs, Sue B xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated