Sunday 4 October 2015

Project 260: An elephant 50th


Really simple post today! Yesterday we went to the Ascot Beer Festival with my husband's parents and aunt and uncle to celebrate his aunt's 50th birthday. She loves elephants and always signs her cards with a little doodle so I wanted the ard to tie into the theme.

I used a Bugaboo elephant stamp and colored it with ProMarkers. Not my best coloring but oh well! I cut it out and layered it over two borders and a patterend yellow background. I made it personal by just spelling out my greeting with alphabet stickers. I like doing this for big birthdays as it just marks it as a bespoke effort.

And that was it! It's cheerful and fun and she loved it. Sometimes you don't need lots of kit to make a really effective and personal card.

1 comment:

  1. Now I know who the stamp was for :) I love this, so cheery, so un-50 - perfection..is that orange paper part of the ancient pad that Dana bought you? Cx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated