Wednesday 21 October 2015

Project 268: An alternative Christmas card


I have been SO lazy in getting my butt in gear to make Christmas cards this year. Usually I'm done the making and on to the signing and posting by the end of October and I've barely done a thing. Yikes.

I pulled out all of my Christmas stamps to do a bit of a recce on what I had, what I could reuse, what I needed to top up and came across this Christmas stamp set that (I think) came in a magazine a year ago. That or I bought it in a sale. Either way, I think I only used it once or twice and fell in love all over again with its alternative images and slightly punk star flourishes.

I decided to use a My Mind's Eye paper stack that's all red, black and tan to help match the theme. All three papers used are from this set and I'm delighted to report two of them are scraps.

The bird is stamped and die cut on a label die and I balanced this by having a slightly off central greeting that sits next to a flourish already printed on the paper.

The stars are stamped separately (also from the set - how great are these? Why have I not discovered them and used them outside of Christmas??) in each corner and I added a red candy to add a bit more color and pop to the layout.  I considered adding more stuff (a punched border, a bit of ribbon, whatever) but I stopped. So pleased I did.

The whole thing took 10 minutes. In real life. If all of my holiday cards go this well we are seriously on to a win.





2 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful card Jessie… Love the scrummy papers and fab layout! Wow, it took you 10 minutes?!!… that is awesome! my quick cards take about five hours!! :-(
    I'm very slow at my crafting! Lol.
    Hope you are well
    Big hugs, Sue B xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very cool , like the use of the patterned card blank - 10 mins for the win. I am keeping my Christmas cards super simple..anything that takes more than 10 mins is a no no. Cx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated