Monday 9 November 2015

Project 274: A layered flower card for a colleague


This card is for my colleague Erika, who has been on my team for the past year and a half and loves all girly things. Last year I made her this pink and purple butterfly card and this year I decided to use the same colors but interpret the layers, papers and textures in a different way.

The first thing I did was go through my scraps and grab everything pink and purple and find a good collection as a base. I used a Stamping' Up Flower Patch die and stamp set to cut all the pieces and then layered them up and topped with sequins, candies and gems.

I went for a long DL card (just like last year) so I could get even more flowers on the page. The greeting is a bit messy - I stamped a greeting using 'Endless Birthday Wishes' but it didn't work out so I went over with a pen and it was a little bit shaky. I still like it because it looks handwritten but I wish it was just a bit stronger.

I hope she likes it - I love using this set in new ways and the layered colors are a bit busy but work with the minimal color scheme. Will be fun to try this with different colors for a simplified look.




1 comment:

  1. Oh Wow!! this is gorgeous Jessie… those flowers look really awesome… I'm sure your friend will love this! :-)
    Hope you have a good week!
    Big hugs, Sue B xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated