Sunday 17 January 2016

Project 287: A seahorse birthday card


My husband had an in-joke with his best friend about seahorses. I don't get it, never have, probably never would. However I indulge it for the sake of all the craft opportunities it presents: I mean they're awesome.

So I used a Bugaboo stamp that I bought in a sale last year and colored him with ProMarkers. I die cut him out and layered against a plain orange circle so the scallop edge was easier to see against the busy chevron paper (Recollections). The greeting is from a Fiskars birthday set and the enamel dots are from my new stash from my trip home at Christmas.

Super simple outcome but enough going on to make it fun for me in the process. And as we gave it to him yesterday before I had a chance to publish this post I can say he was well tickled by it. A simple weekend win.




2 comments:

  1. Aww this is SO sweet Jessie… such a fab seahorse image… love the chevron paper and candi !! :-))
    Hope you're having a great weekend!
    Big hugs, Sue B xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha knowing you, you are slightly irritated at not getting the Seahorse joke...don't worry babes, snazzy / crabby moose is forever ours. I love Seahorses, this is great, I like the colour combo, why do I not use them more..perhaps that can be my new years resolution, use more sealife in my crafts..hmmm..Cx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated