Wednesday 3 February 2016

Project 292: A beagle valentine


I get some pretty weird and wonderful commissions from my colleagues and this Valentine's Day I was delighted by a request from a writer to make a beagle card for his girlfriend. Specifically he wanted it to say "I'd be glad if you'd be my Valentine" for the 'be-glad' = 'beagle'. Get it?? :)

I searched high and low for some beagle images online and then reduced them to an outline so I could make them like a digital stamp. I colored and die-cut them using my wonky heart dies from X-Cut and decided to layer it with another color to help it stand out. I asked for a few additional details and discovered his girlfriend likes triangles so I was determined to find a way to get it to work and this beautiful patterned paper from Studio Calico Atlantic collection was perfect.

I kept it really simple and I'm so pleased with the result. Hoping to get a few more fun briefs like this before Vday!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated