Wednesday 9 March 2016

Project 302: Sketch color challenge featuring a new technique


I love it when a plan comes together. I saw the challenge at Retro Rubber and wanted to try a new techinque that Claire taught me.



What's more, I can case her card she made featuring my Fiskars hot air balloon stamp which my mom bought me (with her, I should mention) 2-3 years ago.


And when I saw the color combo at Color Throwdown this week I thought Yes. You are the colors I want.

I heat embossed the stamp in a pattern like the sketch and then I colored it with an aqua brush and Distress Inks in Spiced Marmalade, Mustard Seed, and Mowed Lawn. Looks like watercolor, looks great.

I used a paper from an American Crafts paper pad and put it on kraft stock. The dots are beads from Claire that she melted for me. That is love. Finally the stamp greeting is from the oldest stamp set I own, my mom gave it to me years ago when I first started making cards. Love this little set, no idea where it is from.

Really pleased it came together for both challenges.


7 comments:

  1. OMG this is gorgeous!!! I love seeing the little enamel dots finally in use..I love this technique - so much fun. Easier to do in the black I have discovered..Cx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, love, love this gorgeous water colored balloons, this is my absolute favorite way to color and you did a beautiful job with it.
    And I'm just thrilled to see the "Homemade Enamel Dots" Woo Hoo, I also melt my own, it's a bit time consuming and you must be careful not to burn them but they look fabulous, love it.
    Thank you for playing along with our Retro Rubber sketch this week, hope to see you often in our gallery.
    Big Hugs,
    Maria Rodriguez.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome card for the challenge combination. The jaunty hot air balloons are perfectly colored. Love the background paper! The kraft cardstock really ties it all together. It looks like I need to google handmade enamel dots... you've got me curious! Thanks so much for including Retro Rubber in your stamping fun this week. Hope to see you in the gallery often!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a striking card! I love the colors and the hot air balloons! Perfect details with the paper and beads! Thank you so much for joining us at Retro Rubber!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty card - and you learned it from a great teacher! I really love your cute hot air balloon stamp and the colors are very soft and pretty. So glad you joined us and hope you will play with us again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, love the soft color combination! Thanks for joining Retro Rubber.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love the embossed and watercolored balloons! Perfect image to use with these colors!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated