Tuesday 19 April 2016

Project 312: Pineapple birthday card


We have a new girl at the office and she confessed to loving pineapples. It was evident when I saw them in her phone, on her glasses case...pretty much anywhere she could find a pattern there was a pineapple.

I thought the sketch at Retro Sketches this week would be perfect for me to have a play making my own patterned paper so I gave it a go using a little Recollections pineapple stamp I have:


The Celebrate greeting is an oldie but goodie, though I sort of wish I had heat embossed it to stand out more. Never mind. I liked the cracky nature of the stamp from repeated use, I thought that added a nice bit of retro age. The yellow string and green chevron paper have been in the stash for ages, was nice to find a fun card to get them out for.

Will give the card to my colleague tomorrow, hopefully she'll like it.


3 comments:

  1. Wow, never know anyone love Pinapples so much before, fab card , xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love pineapples too, so nice to get a new colleague that loves pineapples too AND super nice to be in the office and see your gorgeous card..where is my pineapple tote bag btw LOL. Look at me asking for gifts. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pineapples are so cute! Who wouldn't love them?. Great card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated