Thursday 19 May 2016

Project 318: Simple flower free thank yous part 1


My colleague asked if I had some thank you cards at my desk and when I showed him the selection I could tell they just weren't right. They were for people he didn't know that well and he thought they were all a bit too flowery. He asked if I could make some that were just bold prints or something a bit more masculine.

I went home last night and cooked up a few different options. The two I'm showing here are using a patterned card blank that have really lovely colors and patterns. The headline card features a Stampin' Up 'Tap tap tap' stamp and I added the greeting with a different set that has been in my collection since the beginning of my crafting. I fussy cut it out, mounted it on red then blue and then added some gold dots just for a few extra touches.



This second card is from the same set and I blended it using distress inks to get the red background. I tried another technique I learned this weekend (more to come on that) but it didn't really work so I tried again and kept it simple. I added a black die-cut thanks for the greeting and left it at that.

I'll add a few more ideas I tried out tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. I really like these, very masculine. I love the papers / patterned cards? The blended tag is superb. Cx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated