Sunday 22 May 2016

Project 321: Sunny sketch challenge



I thought I'd try my hand at a stenciled background as it's a new technique I've just learned. I have hesitated for years and now that I've tried it I love it. The sketch at Freshly Made Sketches looked perfect for it:


I used a Tim Holtz mini stencil and used Mustard Seed Distress Ink for the background. The two ribbons are both American Crafts. I added the crab die cut which is one of the oldest dies I have - Claire and I love them! I gave him blingy eyes and added the sentiment from Lawn Fawn.

So sunny and fun, this was a great first foray into stenciling on my own.


4 comments:

  1. Your stenciled background came out great! Perfect background for your fun image! Glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I love this, great background man and that Crab is a firm fave. I love your colour combo..should I be expecting to receive this beauty in the post? Cx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SO CUTE! I love that crab and his eyes! What a fun card. Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The stenciling looks fabulous in the background. It's fun, isn't' it? It adds so much interest to a card but still very fresh and clean! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated