Tuesday 24 May 2016

Project 323: Magic sketch card



A while ago I saw these Tim Holtz Christmas dies in a sale and I splurged and bought them for myself and Claire, namely because I loved the 'Magic' that was included. Claire, being awesome, bought me this bunny and hat stamp and die set from Avery Elle as a supplementary gift. Isn't it fab?

I saw the sketch at Sketch Saturday and thought it would work well.

And as I <3 ProMarkers are having an anything goes challenge I thought I'd enter there as well.

I used glitter tape on the background and then colored the stamp with ProMarkers and die cut him out. The magic die is covered with glossy accents though I must confess I don't love it, I was a bit too heavy handed! The rest of the greeting is made up of gold letter stickers, stamping was too hard with the glitter paper.

It started on a black card blank but it was all a bit too heavy so I cut him out and put him on a white square and I'm much happier!


3 comments:

  1. I love him - this stamp set with that Magic die has a lot of legs :) I love the glittery paper - really nice touch. That sketch is very nice..I might have to have a play with that. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fabulous card. Love the image and your take on the sketch. Thanks for playing along with us at Sketch Saturday and we hope to see you next week. Hugs, Gale DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. So so cute, thanks for playing along with us at Sketch Saturday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated