Monday 25 July 2016

Project 338: A simple but colourful wedding card


My husband's former colleague got married this weekend and I wanted to make them a card that was a bit different and special. She's from a big Indian family (as is her groom) so I wanted it to be a bit more colourful than my normal cards as the celebration was all about rich vibrant colours and amazing fragrant food and flowers.

The background paper was my starting point, it's from Recollections and the foil gold really pops. The champagne glass is modelled on my AbFab card and hand cut out of glitter card stock (this was my last sheet! I can't believe I've rationed it for so long!). The hearts are die cut using my Xcut nesting wonky hearts. The sentiment is from Endless Birthday Wishes by Stampin' Up and I decided it it needed bit more so I added a line of beige pearls.

It came together really quickly but because of the pretty background I think it still looks special and hope the couple liked it. July posting has been a bit slow with a few holidays so trying to get back into it!

1 comment:

  1. cool card man, love the bright colours, perfect for an Indian wedding and the fans, remind me of Goa. Nice and modern, I think this 'style' could work for anniversary too. Cx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated