Saturday 6 August 2016

Project 342: Die cuts and textured backgrounds


I had a really great play session in the craft room today and I decided to use some of the textured scraps or backgrounds I recently accumulated. I thought dies would be a fun way to keep things simple.

The headline card has a background that Claire created - I stole it from her mixed media bag. I loved the colors, stamped with that gorgeous hexagon and spritzed to give it some groovy variation. I layered it in ollive and added the maroon Stampin'Up bird punch. Love the simplicity and the retro colors.


For this one, I featured an embossed card where Claire had added ink to the folder. She didn't love it but I thought it would look great with my robot. I love working with a star behind him and thought the color worked brilliantly with this folder. I added tiny little dots of paint for texture and added color. Love this one as well.



Final one here! For this one I used a woodgrain stamp in Stampin' Up khaki dye ink directly on a kraft card square blank. I used a tree die that Claire gave me and I've struggled to use it for a while. But then I had this idea to add little flowers and suddenly it's transformed. I added little gold dots and a greeting and it's a cute little card.

Really happy to go back to basics with these and I have to remember in the future that simple things can make great projects.

1 comment:

  1. You've taken all my scraps and made things of beauty..I LOVE that tree it is amazing, inspired to use it with flowers. Back to basics really worked for you here man, I love them all and I am super pleased that the scraps got used. Cx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated