Monday 29 August 2016

Project 350: Summery sketch challenge entry


Little stamps normally pose a challenge to me. Like, how do other people use them so naturally and have them come out cute and fun as they are intended? Claire and I bought a little summer set from Michael's in the $1 sale bin 3 months ago and I have never found a good use for them. Until now.

CAS(E)This Sketch had a challenge that was perfect for the little guys and I thought ok, let's make it work:


I started by heat embossing the sentiment, also Recollections by Michael's, in a matte gold. I then used an Aquabrush in Mustard Seed Distress Ink as a watercolor as a streaky background.

Then I diecut 5 little blue circles from a scrap on my desk using a stitched die and stamped the little stamps on to each circle. I supplemented the 5th circle with a sun from Unity Co stamps as the Recollections set only had 4 images. I used the same gold heat embossing for these. I raised them using sticky foam to give it some dimension.

It came together really quickly once I figured out a plan and I'm so pleased I got the inspiration from the sketch challenge.

2 comments:

  1. Hey man!! I LOVE this, total genius move using them like this, I can also never find a use for that tiny stitched circle die, so its a double win in my opinion. I also love the bright summery colours. Tell me the truth though, did you get over HE the little stamps?! LOL. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love this! Wonderful take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated