Wednesday 14 September 2016

Project 360: A head start on Christmas part 2




This is the second half of my makes from the playdate with Claire. We had a great session and by the end I had blitzed through 11 cards and felt much better about the looming Christmas season.

The headline card was one that came together with some advice from Claire (that I didn't strictly follow!). I had pulled out these little images because she had given them to me as part of a set ages ago and I had just rediscovered them. It was her idea to put them into one long DL card instead of using them individually, which I liked. I backed them against a script printed card sheet that I got at Michael's ages ago.

I used a sentiment that is actually a stack of three words but I masked them off so I could use one on each tag, finding the right ones for each image. This was a super simple card once I had made the decisions and I think it will be a fun one to send out.


These are part of a set that I bought in a sale - a die with three different patterned trees. I used green scraps on my desk and heat embossed the different patterns in white, gold and red. I prefer the gold and white on the dark green the best from all the options. I was originally planning on grouping them together but decided that individually they were much stronger and it meant I got far more cards from my heat-embossing and die-cutting! I added little white enamel accents for snow and a new Merry Christmas greeting that Claire gave me this year from a set she was given. Simple but cute, I think I will be making a lot of these - especially as Claire also gave me the tip of using an embossing folder for texture and then die cutting those...swoon!

1 comment:

  1. Love those trees, I am digging through my stash, I am SURE I have a tree die...we can make tons of these man and they will look super cool. The peace, love and joy card is excellent. Now I want to see what you will make with all the candy canes you love...Cx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated