Wednesday 4 January 2017

Project 388: Watercolor striped thank you cards



I had a great playdate with Claire over the Christmas break and I was keen to try out a few different techniques and things I had seen on Pinterest. One thing I saw a lot of was striped background using blending or watercolours. I decided to put my own twist on it with two different cards.

The headline features the sweetest little french bulldog that Claire gave me that I stamped, die cut and then colored with ProMarkers. The background is watercolored paper cut down to a square and I used Salty Ocean with an aqua brush to get messy stripes. Yes I intended the messiness!


This one was modelled a bit after this card, as I liked her stripes, feature image with little white and black dots and stitched border. I opted for a hand-drawn stitching and didn't really mask off the stripes, instead I just laid down a piece of card to get a rough mask rather than anything precise. I wasn't in the mood for precision! The image is a Little Claire flower that I have had for years and is colored with ProMarkers as well. I love the navy and yellow combo, so cheerful. 

2 comments:

  1. I love these, the stripes are awesome..personally I prefer the messy ones - unusual for me.
    You know I didn't buy myself the bloody dog and now he is out of stock everywhere..when will we learn - 2 of everything from BF!!!
    Cx

    ReplyDelete
  2. With Car Rental 8 you can discover the most affordable rental cars at over 50000 locations worldwide.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated