Monday 13 March 2017

Project 404: Mother's Day cards part 2


Another post on Mother's Day cards.  This is a series of blended cards and while these took a bit more effort I'm really pleased with them, I think I prefer them to the ones I made previously.

The headline card is a heat-embossed image from a new stamp set I got from a Creative Stamping magazine. I used a great bright yellow embossing powder and then blended over it with Cracked Pistachio Distress Ink. The greeting is from an older stamp set, maybe 9 months old, and I personalised it with a 'Mum' from the same set to make it relevant for Mother's Day. I stuck to natural card because it looked a bit washed out on white and it looks much more colourful on the brown stock. I'm really happy with it so I made a second one - and if they sell I'll make more!



Next up I used images from the same set (sentiment and wreath) over a blended circle that I created using a stencil from a die cut circle. The die cut sentiment matches the border in each instance and I love the color combos, they feel really modern and fresh.


Finally this one is using a pre-printed card blank that Claire gave me. I thought the little foiled heart looked great and would make a great Mother's Day card so all I did was add a sentiment and that was that. I have just shy of 20 now so hopefully that will get me a few sales...

1 comment:

  1. I really like these man, the new stamps are lovely, that wreath card is awesome, but my fave is the Daffodil card, great blending and heat embossing. I just used one of those pre-printed card blanks, aren't they awesome? Cx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated