Tuesday 18 April 2017

Project 411: A die-cut feather card for MAWTT


I'm late posting my card for Moving Along with the Times this week - apologies everyone. Wendy has been very patient with me! It's been a stressful few weeks and I'm still picking up dropped balls.

We have a bird and feather challenge this week which is a personal favourite. I thought I'd go for feathers as I'm always using birds, and was inspired by some die cut pins I saw on Pinterest, especially with a blended background peeking through.

I went for blues and greens and blended a large square. I then die cut feathers from a larger white square. The hello is die cut from a lighter part of the blended background which isn't visible from the revealed sections. I added a larger navy border to give it a bit of distinction, then topped it with a handful of tiny pearls. I added Wink of Stella shimmer powder to the die-cut reveals to make it a bit  more shimmery - went a bit overboard but I like the swirly nature it gives.

All in all I really like the card, sorry it's been such a trial to get it posted!


3 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous, I love the ombre colour you have going on in the feathers, really beautiful. I always kick myself when I see these word dies...Cx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely perfect for the theme Jessie. Thank you, xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated