Monday 6 November 2017

Project 447: Some modern colored Christmas cards



I had a playdate with Claire this weekend and we were trying a few new techniques we found on Pinterest. We both had a few learning curves that I thought were pretty funny!

The first was not he headline card, where you mask off stripes and then blend in between. I decided to do a but and purple striped card and then heat embossed a reindeer to go over top in a matte gold color. The sentiment is from the same set as the reindeer, I think I've had him for about 3 years. I think the white stripes are a bit too wide so I need to try to get the balance right. I tried doing it with skinnier stripes but unfortunately that to extreme difficulty trying to blend in a smaller space so there are still some trial/error adjustments to be made!


This little guy was another little play, using a big snowflake stencil and then using Distress Oxides instead of inks on top. They are so chalky and a dream to work with. I don't love the blending work here but I think that is something I could get better at.

All in all a few fun techniques for a short playdate!

2 comments:

  1. This was a lot of fun man. I love your top one with the heat embossed Deer. I really like the way that snowflake comes out, I think he would look amazing in one colour too. Wish I was there, I really fancy a play with that stencil! Cx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated