Sunday 19 November 2017

Project 448: One bulldog stamp 3 ways


Last year Claire gave me this great little French bulldog stamp and as I had just using him for Christmas I used him for wintery thank you cards. This year I decided to have a session playing with him exclusively and had fun making 3 relatively simple makes, keeping the color of the dog the same for all of them.

The headline were the simplest but probably also my favourites. I embossed a red card using a houndstooth folder (see what I did there?) and then die cut the dog in a circle. I used a Tim Holtz sentiment die set to frame the image and it's so simple but I really like how it came out. I added pearl accents to the scarf pompoms and left it at that.

This next one features a Nordic paper set from the stash and I chose one of the busier patterns simply because I've struggled to use them elsewhere but love the colors. I die cut the dog using the matching dies and popped him up on foam tape. I even used my ancient Happy Christmas peel-offs in one of the plain stripes as I couldn't get a sentiment to work otherwise.


I thought I would show this one even though it's my least favourite. I used adhesive fabric (I bought a set at Tiger to see if I liked it - I don't think I do) and a scrap of spotted paper already on my desk. I die cut the dog in a circle again. I think it's the colors, maybe that's why I don't love it. Or maybe I just really prefer the other two. Who knows! Still fun to try the same image a few different ways.

1 comment:

  1. Gah! WHY did I not buy him for myself?! Love these, the first two are amazing, especially the first one, with the big white die-cut sentiment. Funnily enough even though the paper on the 2nd card is busier, the 3rd one feels much busier! Cx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated